Hey everyone! I'm excited to share my interview with Catherine Locally, an attorney who has a background on employment law. We talk about several questions that are brought up by group practice owners regarding to hiring employees or independent contractors. More information about where to reach Catherine is below. Enjoy!
- What is the difference between a 1099 and W2?
- What are the financial differences between having W2s and employees?
- What’s the difference (for therapists) between a practice owner subletting one of their offices to another therapist versus having them as a 1099?
- Is the 20 factor test the only test to determine whether an individual is an independent contractor or employee?
- Under the IRS 20 factor “control test” must all 20 criteria be met in order for an individual to qualify as an employee or independent contractor?
- The IRS states that if you furnish the tools and materials than employer relationship is more likely. How can we even have 1099s then, since our “tools” are couches, chairs, desks, which are always already at the office?
- In your opinion, what factors suggest to you that an individual may be an employee rather than an independent contractor?
You can reach Catherine Locallo at http://www.rsnlt.com/attorneys/catherine-r.-locallo/?back=attorneys. ph: 312.332.7760 e: firstname.lastname@example.org
Although the information presented during this podcast is considered accurate, it is not, nor should it be construed to be legal advice. If you have an individual problem or incident that involves a topic covered in this document, please seek a legal opinion that is based upon the facts of your particular case.